Putting onions in your hair sounds less appealing at first. Many will probably fear that the hair will take on the intensive smell of the vegetable in the long run. But onions, used as a do-it-yourself mask, are very effective against hair loss. In addition, the smell disappears quickly by rinsing the mask with lemon water.
For the onion mask you need:
- An onion (medium size)
- One lemon (for the mask and for the rinse afterwards)
- One tablespoon of linseed oil
- Two tablespoons of soy yoghurt (preferably without sugar)
- First you mix the onion in a blender until you get a kind of porridge.
- Press the onion through a tea strainer or kitchen towel to separate the onion juice.
- Mix the juice with the other ingredients.
- Apply this mixture to your wet hair, massage it in and let it work for about 30 minutes. Best under a towel.
- After the mask is absorbed, wash it out well with shampoo.
- Finally, rinse the hair with lemon water (1l water + juice of 1/2 lemon).
A tip, so that your eyes don't water too much during the application and production of the mask, is to take tap water in your mouth at the same time.
Afterwards, your strengthened hair can best be styled with our Everybuns, which are also available in bundles of 3.