Most of you probably only know hair gel as a finished product from the drugstore. The gel can also be produced easily and cheaply at home. A completely natural, quick alternative to the drugstore gels, which is suitable well for a nice look - no matter if you have curly or straight hair.
- 10g linseed (you can get it for example in an organic food store)
- 250 milliliters of water
- ½ teaspoon of honey or agave syrup
You will also need a cooking pot, a close-meshed sieve (alternatively an unused stocking), a funnel and a jar for storage. In our Blog you can find some practical hairstyle options for cooking.
This is how the ingredients turn into gel:
- Boil the linseed briefly in water and let them simmer for about 5 minutes.
- When the mixture has the consistency of egg white it is ready.
- Now carefully strain the linseed with the sieve or tights.
- Add the honey or agave syrup to the liquid and stir it together.
- Pour the finished mixture into a bottle or a jar.
Ideally, the gel is applied directly into damp hair after washing. This guarantees an optimal hold. A small drop is usually sufficient, which you spread on your palms, then massage it into your hair.
Without cooling, the gel stays durable for about a week, if you keep it in the refrigerator it will remain durable a few days longer. Therefore it's recommended to make only small quantities at once. In our blog you can find more recipes for selfmade and natural cosmetics for your beauty.